Southern OffRoad Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Southern OffRoad Riders

This is a group of riders based in the Southeastern US.We welcome all who enjoy offroading to join us in this forum and our rides.It doesnt matter what u ride,just come on and ride. !!!

HomeHome  SouthernoffroadSouthernoffroad  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Iron Gap/Bryants Cove

Monteagle, TN Current Weather

Viola/Ben Lomand mtn

Manchester, TN Current Weather

Prentice Cooper & Aenta mtn

Chattanooga, TN Current Weather

Windrock mtn

Oliver Springs, TN Current Weather

Royal Blue

Pioneer, TN Current Weather

Windrock Club
WATV
SouthernsxsRiders
Southern sxs Riders
East Tennessee ATV
East Tennessee Atv Riders
Cumberland ATV Riders
Cumberland Atv Riders
Rhino Forum
Rhino Forum
Polaris Ranger Forum
Polaris Ranger Forum

Lights and various electrical mods.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rick
Rick

Lights and various electrical mods. Empty
PostSubject: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 8:45 pm

Does anyone have any reccomendations on wiring up addtitional equipment on a bike? I found this below site selling dual sport kits which I am seriously thinking about.

http://www.electrosport.com/dirt-bike/dirt-bike-model-products-listing-dirt_35950.php

You can also check out electrosport.com they offer mutliple things for every model of bike.

I am considering getting the Dual sport kit listed in that first link. They also offer a nice digital speedometer and computer for the bike. I have found stators, relays all come into play so this is starting to get as complicated as owning a rhino.

Anyways looking for opinions is all...
Back to top Go down
https://southernsxsriders.forumotion.com
wheels
wheels

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 9:13 pm

i've always liked the dual light set up like Baja Designs...

but, there are some cool setups on this page and some of them are pretty good prices:

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/motorcycle/Dirt%20Bike%20Headlight

i thought the 230 came with a headlight though?? i know i had one on my TTR250...
Back to top Go down
Rick
Rick

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Mine is almost a brand new TTR230 and it does not have any lights on it. I haven't seen many if any dirt bikes that come with lights, other than dualsport which are street legal also.

Are you sure you didn't have a dualsport bike?

Thanks for the link, looking at those kits.

The electrosport was nice because it is a completely stock look including lights, signals, switches and a new fender that the taillight is molded into. Your 250 might have had an aftermarket kit on it.
Back to top Go down
wheels
wheels

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:16 pm

i'm sure... i bought it new and didn't add anything to it. google it and you'll see it comes with a headlight... Laughing

you going to make yours street legal?
Back to top Go down
Rick
Rick

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 11:33 pm

wish I could....

Have you heard of it being possible to make one street legal that is not a dual-sport?

I am looking up the TTR-250 now. Maybe thats the biggest difference in the 230 and the 250.
Back to top Go down
Wingman
Wingman

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 6:40 am

I installed the Baja Designs lights on both of ours. The ones I used, you take off the stock number plate and the engine cut off switch .... The new light had high and low beam mounted to a little larger number plate with a combination hi/off/low switch and a engine cut off switch. It also came with a brake light ...... which I didn't use.
Back to top Go down
wheels
wheels

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:04 am

yeah, i've heard of people turning motocrossers(4 stroke) into supermotards that are street legal... but, i haven't actually done it myself.
Back to top Go down
vatansever223

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:38 am

Spammer. banned by wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lights and various electrical mods.   Lights and various electrical mods. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lights and various electrical mods.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern OffRoad Riders :: Off Road Related :: Dirt Bikes-
Jump to: